May 26, 2020
Dear South Wasco County Class of 2020, Parents and Community,
What a unique set of circumstances we find ourselves in for graduation this year. I want you to know that graduation organizers put a lot of thought into trying to maintain as many of the graduation traditions we have here at SWCHS as we could. And, we also ask for your patience, with Oregon Health Authorities guidelines – things will also look very different than we are all used to. Please help us support the graduating Class of 2020 in this unique ceremony.
Schedule of Events:
- Senior Boxes will be sent out to all seniors via buses on Wednesday, May 27th. Please spend some time decorating your boxes and returning them to the school office on June 1st.
- June 2nd through June 4th box gifts. Community members, please call the high school office to schedule a time to leave your senior gift. The high school secretaries will place gifts in the correct box for you. Seniors will collect their boxes on Graduation Day.
- June 6th – Graduation Day Events!
- 9:30 am – Seniors and their families will stage their cars in the parking lot behind the high school.
- 10:00 am – Video Ceremony Begins – Seniors will view their Senior Slideshow in the high school gymnasium. The slideshow will be available for viewing on the District webpage during this time as well.
- 10:45-12:00 – Live Ceremony Begins – Presentation of Roses & Diploma Presentations. Upon receiving your diploma please feel free to take pictures on the front lawn then return to your family vehicle.
- Community Parade & Celebration – Maupin City Fire truck will blast their siren 5 times to signify the beginning of the parade. The parade will run through Maupin, Tygh Valley and Wamic/Pine Hollow.
We know that the temptation to be physically at the graduation will be great for our supportive community, so we appreciate you helping the high school maintain the social distancing regulations. We challenge you to get creative and show your school spirit and congratulations to the graduating class of 2020 as the parade goes through your area!
Thank you for your support,
South Wasco County High School Staff